Sustainable Tourism Policy
To contribute to enrich the lives of our customers, to change their ways to experience sustainable tourism; to discover, learn and transform through innovative, high quality travel services.
To enrich the quality of life of our customers and exceed their expectations, by means of three pillars: professionalism, sustainability and innovation; and to achieve recognition as the leader in inbound tourism in Central America.
To realize Vapues Travel vision, several procedures are implemented that apply to all staff members, and where possible, to the company's providers and clients. Vapues Travel implements and promotes sustainable tourism, informing and involving the aforementioned participants in best practices in order to perpetuate the Nicaraguan culture, history and nature, to contribute to local economies, and to preserve the environment.
The main management processes are: quality management, environmental management, and health and safety management at work and for customers.
With regard to quality management, Vapues Travel commits itself to meet the legal requirements of the quality management manual as set by the company in coordination with its customers, both wholesalers and outbound travel agencies.
Concerning environmental management, Vapues Travel commits itself to meet the legal requirements to implement and promote its sustainable policy, prevention of pollution and prevention of climate change.
As for health and safety management for workers and customers, Vapues Travel commits itself to meet the legal requirements, and to prevent occupational hazards and minimize health risks, by implementing the rules of procedure and the manual for risk management.
Vapues Travel commits itself to improve the aforementioned management processes continuously.
In support of the above, we strive to:
Promote and implement responsible actions that recognize and value cultural identity, need, expectations and rights of the communities.
- Support local initiatives promoting cultural and social projects.
- Participate in social projects as strategically ally to promote sustainable excursions and training to locals in rural communities.
- Work hand in hand with rural cooperatives in order to offer authentic packages and benefit the communities with complementary incomes.
- Promote and recommend the art work of local artisans.
- Implement Good Practices during tours and in our offices
- Implement an acquisition policy that includes environmentally friendly products.
- Establish measures to reduce energy and water usage.
- Apply alternative practices to manage organic pollution wastes.
- Execute recycle projects.
- Support projects for Biodiversity Conservation.
- Raise awareness towards bad environmental practices, including captivity of wild animals.
- Support local companies that promote environmental preservation.
- Ensure trainings regarding sustainable practices to the staff.
- Ensure and promote a working environment free from discrimination and harassment.
Promote environmental preservation and sustainable practices among providers, customers and staff.
- Create a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, where differences of opinion are respected and all team members are treated equally.
- Implement trainings and talks to ensure that all employees know their rights.
- Provide the staff with the opportunity to present complaints or comments and manage any conflict in a respectful, just and confidential way.
- Encourage the reporting of any harassment or discrimination.
Code of Conduct.
- Maintain communication between Vapues Travel and INTUR (Nicaraguan Tourism Board) before any case of illegal or violent behavior
- Establish within the Company a proper use of the information about commercial sexual exploitation in children and teenagers.